Your Health and Safety is our Priority
We understand that teachers may have concerns about their safety and well-being due to COVID-19. We want to assure you that VIPKid is dedicated to supporting all teachers, students, and families potentially affected by the virus. The health and safety of the community is of the utmost importance to VIPKid.
Please be aware of the actions we are taking to support teachers potentially affected by the virus.
VIPKid will work directly with any teacher to offer support should they be impacted by COVID-19. If any teacher is directly affected by the virus and needs to miss class, they are encouraged to follow our Soft Cancellation Policy.
If teachers have any questions or need additional support, please do not hesitate to send a ticket to our Support Team here. For escalated support, please select the “Teacher Voice” dropdown and select the “Caring for COVID-19” category.
By following this process, we will ensure that missed classes do not impact a teacher’s contract.
We aim to facilitate a positive learning environment and are committed to the safety of all teachers, students, and parents. Thank you all for your support and understanding at this time.
Escalated Support Channel for COVID-19
If a teacher or their family are impacted by COVID-19, if a teacher wants to discuss their current situation or if a teacher needs direct support, please note that VIPKid recently added an escalated ticketing channel for direct support.
Please note that our Teacher Voice team will work directly with teachers who need further support and ensure that their contract is not impacted. We understand that many teachers may be uniquely impacted by COVID-19, and VIPKid will work with these teachers directly to support them during this time. To get specific answers to COVID-19 questions, please do the following:
- Visit this link: https://www.vipkid.com/tp/support-center/contact-support
- Select the “Teacher Voice” dropdown
- Select the “Caring for COVID-19” category
From here, our team will be able to offer personalized and direct support.
Resources from the VIPKid Community and Our Partners
- We’ve added some best practices and suggestions if a student brings up COVID-19 and how to navigate this conversation during class. Please see this Support Center article for additional information.
- A coalition of education organizations brought together by the ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) team is curating high-quality tools, resources, and support for educators and parents to keep the learning going during extended school closures at LearningKeepsGoing.org. We find these especially useful for parents looking to engage their own children during this time at home.
- VIPKid teachers helped compile tips into this blog to aid brick and mortar teachers in their transition to the virtual classroom. We encourage you to share with fellow teachers adjusting to an online environment.
- Free Amazon Prime shipping and bulk discounts are now available through Amazon Business for all Six Apple layers (Amber, Jade, Sapphire, Opal) until the end of May. Create an account on the Six Apple page and learn more about your account here.
- VIPKid is a proud donor to the States of California and New York in honor of the approximately 100,000 teachers on the platform. In New York, VIPKid contributed toward the purchasing of much-needed PPE for frontline medical workers. In California, VIPKid supported the state's distance learning efforts and helped bridge the digital divide.
- We will continue to add additional resources as they become available. Stay tuned!
Safety and Readiness Tips Provided by the American Red Cross
As a corporate partner of the American Red Cross, VIPKid supports the humanitarian organization’s work providing emergency assistance, disaster relief, and preparedness education in communities across the United States. VIPKid is working with the American Red Cross to monitor the situation and share the latest official guidance on how to stay healthy and protect those who are most vulnerable. Our partners at the American Red Cross have provided the following Safety and Readiness Tips which also include a link to find information on local public health agencies in each state. They are also offering this free course to help build resilience and support yourself and others by reviewing basic principles of providing psychological first aid, including how to recognize and manage stress in yourself and in others and how to lend support to family members, friends and coworkers.
Note: This page was last updated on May 13, 2020 and will continue to be updated with new resources as they become available.